Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jennifer Hawke Petit Wikipedia | Latest News About Jennifer Hawke Petit

Doctor of Connecticut, whose wife and two daughters were killed in 2007 home invasion has accepted the position Tuesday to testify against an accused killer, referring to the gruesome details of the beatings and bound him with the alleged kidnappers in a while, fearing for the welfare of their families.
William Petit, indicating that the second day of the trial in New Haven, CT Supreme Court, quietly submitted to an attentive jury of events that led invasion.
Prosecutors argued that Steven Hayes, 47, and Joshua Komissarzhevsky, 30, broke into the Petit family home in July 2007. The men were reportedly beaten by Petit, strangled his 48-year-old wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and set the house on fire. 2 pairs of daughter Haley, 17, and Michaela, 11, died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
2 conditionally criminals accused of capital murder, kidnapping, sexual assault, burglary and arson. They both could face the death penalty if convicted.

Hayes is accused of raping Hawke-Petit, and prosecutors accused Komissarzhevsky which will be judged separately, sexually assaulting 11-year-old daughter Petit.

22 July 2007, started with Petit, his wife and Michaela go to church, Petit showed Tuesday. Haley had just returned home that day from visiting the weekend with friends. Petit then playing golf with his father and the girls went to the beach.

The plan, Petit said, to Michaela, to help her mother prepare dinner.
“Michaela loved to cook,” said Petit, who was dressed in a heart-shaped Petit Family Foundation pin on his lapel.
Families had finished dinner and girls settled in the family room to watch “Army Wives”; Petit asleep in the sun room, reading the Sunday newspaper, he said.
The next thing he remembers, he said, “to think or feel the ‘oo, ow, ow!” As the blood ran down the wound on his head.

“I kind of woke up in a dream. … The next thing I knew I was sitting in the middle of the couch, with my head (and) there was something warm was running towards my face,” he testified. “I saw two people standing in front of the sofa, one in front and a little behind … and one in the rear of the gun down on his side.”
Although Petit stated that the gun was not visible, he saw its shape and form, adding that “it seemed like a 9 mm semiautomatic pistol.

Prosecutor Michael Dearington released a pistol as evidence, and Petit confirmed “that the gun in accordance with the shape of guns I’ve seen.”

Petite testifed, that the suspects told him to lie on the couch and tied my hands at the wrists and legs at the ankles and covered his head with an indistinct tissue.
“I heard one of them said:” If it moves, put two bullets in him, “he added.

Eventually, the suspects led him to his head, still covered, into the basement.

“I have not heard from Jennifer Haley, and Michaela. … I do not know where they were in the house, for the most part,” he said.

When he was taken to the basement, Petit was supposed to support the pole with a rope around the chest and waist, his hands still bound with plastic ties lightning.

“I would kind of go in and out of it, and slide down the pole,” he testified. “My body weight slips made my body feel better. … In the end I managed to get the rope untied, and break the plastic. But I was unable to lift his feet.”

Petit recalled that in early tests, one of the suspects, and asked where the family kept them in safety.

“I said that we are not safe,” he revealed, adding that “much later, I heard Jennifer say … that she should wear and in need of her checkbook or a checkbook to go to the bank.”
The cashier at the local Bank of America branch Monday revealed that Hawke-Petit, asked to withdraw $ 15,000, said the woman she needed the money “because she and her family were being held hostage in his house.”
Petit said that for the most part, it was very quiet, “when he was in the basement, but at the same moment he heard” three loud noises, like someone threw a 20 – or 30-pound bags on the floor in the living room. ”
“I heard the groans and shocks, and, perhaps, shouted:” Hey! “He said.” And a voice shouted: “Do not worry, it’ll be fine for a few minutes. But, of course, is to change the vote … more sinister.”

Fearing for the safety of his family, Peter, are still bound by his feet, jumped into the basement door.

“I just thought, time is of great importance, and I need to get help,” he said, telling how he jumped the basement stairs and went into the house of a neighbor, Dave Simcik.
“I started to crawl, but it was not very efficient, so I started to roll – all the while I was screaming ‘Dave, Dave!” … I turned down still bound by, hitting his garage door, hoping that he had heard . Garazha went up, and Dave said: “Can I help you, sir?” And I said: “Dave, it’s me, Bill, call 911! ”
Petit said that the police arrived moments after he made it into the house Simcik. He said the officers asked him who was in his house, and he replied: “girls, girls.”

Peter said that he recalled hearing “whistling” sound shortly after one of the men in the house and shouted to him: “Do not worry, everything will be over soon,” though he said he did not smell smoke or see fire, when it was out of the house
After the ambulance arrived he was taken to hospital. In general, “said Petit, he has lost between 5 and 7 pints of blood.
Prosecutors say the suspects put petrol in several plastic gallon jugs the size found in the home – initially filled with fluid washer windshield – to start a fire in the house.
Other witnesses testified Monday about the scene in the house Petit. Simcik testified that he found the Petit lying in the driveway urging him to “call 911″. The police were already on the scene, however. One of the police officers who responded to the call showed that staff could not enter the house because of fire.

After the fire department extinguished the fire, the officer Thomas Wright said, he entered the house and went upstairs, where they found the body outside the bedroom and the second body in the bedroom, tied to the bed
The selection of jurors for the trial Hayes was arrested in February when he was found unconscious in his cell and rushed to a hospital in the prison MacDougall-Walker in Suffield, where he was hospitalized for a week. Hartford Courant, citing unnamed sources, said Hayes apparently an overdose of medication he takes daily.
In odd twist Tuesday afternoon, male juror was dismissed after telling the court that he was “confused presentation of the case of the state, and that seems to be lack of training on their part.”

Prosecutors filed a motion for his dismissal, and Judge John C. Blue granted the motion over the objections of the defense

In issuing its ruling, Blue said that the jury “so excited that I’m worried about pollution of the jury. … This is an extraordinary event.”

No comments:

Post a Comment