Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Maradona-Argentina bosses betrayed me(Grondona lied to me, Bilardo betrayed me)

Diego Maradona accused Argentine soccer chiefs of betraying him on Wednesday, a day after they voted unanimously to sack him as national team coach.
The Argentine Football Association (AFA) decided not to renew Maradona's contract following the team's 4-0 drubbing by Germany in the World Cup quarter-finals.
In his first public comments since the defeat, Maradona took aim at AFA President Julio Grondona and the technical director of national teams, Carlos Bilardo.
"Grondona lied to me, Bilardo betrayed me," a sombre Maradona told a news conference at a restaurant, reading from a prepared statement.
"Grondona told me in the changing room after we were eliminated in South Africa ... that he was very pleased with the work I'd done and he wanted me to stay on," he said. "When we were in mourning, Bilardo worked in the shadows to kick me out."

No comments:

Post a Comment