Bharat Bandh 7th September 2010 | All India Bharatbandh 7.09.2010 | The trade union Bandth'It would be a 24-hour-long general strike,' said M.K. Pandhe, a leader of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M)-affiliated Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU).
Eight major trade unions, including those of the Left and the ruling Congress, will hold a national strike Tuesday(07.09.2010) to protest against price rise, violation of labour laws and privatization.
'It is an industrial shutdown,' Pandhe told IANS.
The Communist-affiliated All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC), the Hind Mazdoor Sabha (HMS) and the Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC) are taking part in the strike.
The workers' main demands are:
- Contain price rise of essential commodities
- Take pro-active measures to link employment protection in recession hit sectors
- Strictly enforce all basic labour laws without any exception
- Announce Rs.50,000 crore for an unorganised workers' social security fund
- Stop disinvestment in central public sector enterprises
All india strike 7th September 2010 | Bharat bandh On 7.9.2010 | Bank Strike on 7 Sept 2010,wikipedia,reason for strike,who calls off for the strike,poltics,holidays for schools and colleges,bank strike,holidays,leave for educational institututions and all india private and government bank,all india strike,bandh,cause,wikipedia,latest news,latest updates about all india,barath,bharat strike on 7th sept 2010