WHAT IS INSIDE THE KALASA(KALASAM) OF THE HINDU TEMPLES?
· Kalasa(Kalasam) is a topmost tomb of the hindu temples
· This kalasa was sacred and special offerings were being made on “Kumbavisekham” ie the inaugural day of the temple
· The kalasa is mostly made up of gold or silver
· The kalasa contains valuable gems in a small sack ,and a small sack containing nine types of Indian grains(navadhaniyam)
· It’s a belief of the hindus ,that these grains will feed the people in case of any disaster occurs,and to educate them ,those grains are the edile grains